Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help and support on a first aid basis.
Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended our Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn. I completed this training in January 2018.
Because the MHFA course is the best two-day course available, the content will be excellent. Because I have been a Christian leader for over 35 years I can bring a lot of pastoral experience to bear as we learn.
On the two-day course, learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. You will learn practical skills and awareness designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues; anxiety, suicide prevention, depression, self-harm, psychosis and others
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
- A better understanding of how to maintain your own mental health
Please contact me if you want to join our next course or you would like me to do this for your church or organisation.